Wednesday 30 November 2011

What I learnt.

I learnt a lot during this project. I learnt that my cats are useless....but I still love them.

And what I learnt during the work...It's hard. Very hard. I thought it was going to be difficult in 3D but I was not prepared for the work Id have to do for a 2D one. I had hoped to do a Leap animation as well but I seriously underestimated the amount of time it would take to do a walk. I am not a 2D animator, I really don't have the patience for it. I enjoy it but its very very time consuming. I'll really need to develop my skills if I want to do more 2D work.

I have learnt a lot about the animating process of a cat and I hope that I can reflect this in my final film animation. If I had more time with this project I would do some walk cycles of the differences between cats and kittens as I think that would be an interesting experiment.

I would also like to attempt these in 3D but I will have to wait until I get a cat rig for that. This has helped me a lot with timing and pacing and how many frames it takes to create a walk cycle.

I really should have managed my time better, I really did under estimate the time it would take me to animate the walk and I really had hoped to get a leap done.

This project though has been a fantastic excuse to watch plenty of cat videos on line, I do believe I have seen every cat video in existence now.

Couldn't not post some NYAN CAT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment