Sunday 20 November 2011

Cat videos

I never thought I'd see the day that watching cat videos on YouTube would be for my uni work.


So to start I thought Id look at some other 2D animated cats. I wanted to look at them more as I have gone from 3D to 2D so I though it was a good idea to have a look at what is out there and done already.

Where better to look than Disney?

Oliver from Oliver and Company

I chose Oliver as he is a kitten and has more clumsy moves. His legs are shorter and he doesn't have the "elegance" an older cat does.

The Siamese Cats from "Lady and the Tramp"

These two have some interesting movements in their song. Especially when they brush up against the dog.

The Cats from Aristocats

Probably the only Disney film that is predominantly about cats.

Sergeant Tibbs from 101 Dalmations

(cover your ears. TERRIBLE fan dub) Tibs has some very good posing in this clip. The push his animation when hes sitting. Hes elegant like a cat but still retains character.

Chesire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

This is a rather extreme animation. The only thing cat like about him is the way he looks, kind of.

Lucifer from Cinderella

Lucifer is very cartoony. Almost like Tom and Jerry in some aspects. I'm not too fond of this animation but I wanted to look at a variety of things.

Lucifer and the Cheshire cat are a lot less realistic than the previous 4. The don't act like much like real cats.

Gotta shove some anime in here somewhere :P

The Cat Returns


Obligatory anime video :)
In all seriousness this anime does have a lot of cats in it and has very good references. The cats (for the most part) move realistically. I love this film and I have seen it a million times... I'm going to go watch it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment