Thursday 27 October 2011

THERE ARE NO CAT RIGS!?!?!

I have had A LOT of trouble finding an appropriate rig. There seems to be no cat rigs available for Maya that are free or aren't hideously expensive.

I have been searching for ages now and the few rigs I do come across either NEED rigging or are for a program other than Maya. I have finally a rig that somewhat resembles a cat. It was supposed to be a "panther" at the very least I can use this unless I find a better rig.


So this is my "panther" rig. Its simple enough to use and hopefully I wont come across too many trouble using it. It is very primitive though so I will really need to push the animation to help character show through.


I also found this rig. While its not a cat it is a quadruped. And I have found there is a severe lack of quad rigs on online that are easily accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment